In this article, we’ll introduce how to setup Domains and how to install Exchange 2010.
Before we move further, please ensure that you meet all the prerequesites, you can see the details at: here.
How, we are going to perform the steps
1. Set static IP address on Domain Controller Machine.
2. On-Premises reachable testing, ping the Domain Controller Machine on each of the Exchange Server Machine.
3. Install Domain Service and DNS Service on the Domain Controller Machine.
4. Set Domain Controller Machine as a Domain Controller, while set the function level as Windows Server 2008 R2 to reach portable with the Exchange 2010 Server Machines.
5. Download Exchange Server Installation Media files.
6. Set DNS Server as the Domain Controller’s IP on each of the Exchange Server Machines.
7. Let the Exchange Server Machines joint domain.
8 . Import module ServerManager and add Windows Feature RSAT-ADDS on all the Exchange 2010 Server Machines.
9. Prepare Domain on the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Machines.
Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareSchema
Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAD
Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareDomain:contoso.com
10 .Install IIS Management Tools Support on the Exchange 2010 Server Machines.
11 .Install Exchange 2010 Hub Transport Server and Client Access Server using GUI Wizard.
Wizard says that I also need to install Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Packs, so I downloaded and installed it, and then tried again.
12 .Install Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server using Setup.com cmdlet.
Setup.com /Mode:Install /Roles:Mailbox
Exchange 2010 would installed successfully and works well.